Thursday, October 30, 2008

Balinese massage

A Balinese massage, at least the therapeutic type*,  is much like a  regular massage, except it's in Bali :). I know that sounds obvious, DSC_0223but that's my experience. "In Bali" is significant, by the way. That means a little thatched roof hut with roll-down bamboo curtains. Oh, and WAY cheaper; the going rate, if you aren't being gouged by a high-end tourist place, is about $7.50 per hour. No, I didn't goof on the decimal place. I didn't have to check back on my college degree to figure this one out: after my first massage I immediately scheduled one for the next day. I ran out of time, but I'd have one every day if I was staying there longer.

* Stay away from the reflexology kind over here; I had one in Shanghai (at the Shangri-La, not some dump) years ago and it put me in so much pain I couldn't believe it. And I didn't have some sensation in a couple of fingers for a day or so!

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, nice blog, by the way. Our company sells

wholesale massage tables and chairs, which might be of interest

to some of you guys. If you would like to check out our website,

it has prices and pictures of our products. Tables are on sale

for $175 and our chairs are $150.
http://www.serenitymassagesupply.com