Saturday, April 30, 2005

Mark and new acquaintances

Last summer, my friend Mark decided to haul off to the last Star Trek convention that James (Scotty) Doohan participated in. This shows what you can get with the expensive seats. Turns out he was sitting right behind the gentleman in glasses – Neal Armstrong. This was all the more special because Mr. Armstrong never usually attends public functions; he was there because, as he said, the character of Mr. Scott as the Enterprise’s chief engineer was a strong influence on his career direction. Thank goodness for that!

And there are a couple of other faces you may have seen somewhere before.

- Sean

P.S. – If you don’t know who Neal Armstrong is, I’ll be happy to tell you privately after picking myself up off the floor in amazement…

1 comment:

Robbie Allen said...

Very cool. I didn't know Mark was a Trekky ;-)

I've read quite a bit about Neil Armstrong in my Engineering Apollo class. Another astronaut, Charlie Duke, recently gave a talk to my class. I've met four astronauts now and they are all admirable people.