Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A missed career

I'm attempting to finish up my comments on last week's conference before it all blurs together - a losing proposition, I know, but I'm an optimist...and I have notes. Taxes first!

I was listening to The Diane Rehm Show on NPR this morning and Steve Roberts has a panel on the future of radio. A comment came up on the increasingly private experience of music with personal MP3 players and podcasts, and I had to grin. I pontificated on that exact phenomenon - the progression of listen to music from its origins as a very public experience with limited program content to a very private experience with huge variety of content - at the Conference last week. And people were listening (or at least being polite). I almost felt like a pundit.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

No comments: