Wednesday, April 16, 2008

MVP Summit 2008

I and many of my fellow MVPs are up in Seattle this week for the 2008 MVP summit. It's split between the Washington State Convention Center Center, and the Microsoft campus. This year most of our time has been spent on campus with the various product groups, Directory Services in our case.

It's been a good week so far, though a new cold knocked me down hard for the first few days. I literally snuck out to my car in the parking structure and took a short nap to get me through the day! (And no, I hadn't had a drop to drink the night before.) Nothing like feeling bad to make you appreciate feeling good.

This morning's session is on the design planning for the AD implementation of PowerShell. AD missed the boat on PowerShell for the release of Windows 2008, to the chagrin of AD administrators around the world. The good news is that Dushyant Gill is running through their ideas before the MVPs now and getting great feedback...and they're apparently early enough in the design cycle to incorporate a lot of our feedback into their design. So some of the flexibility of the final AD PowerShell implementation will be as a result of MVPs like Joe, Dean, and Joe Kaplan.

My friend Nick Whittome called me last night to tell me he just passed both the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu. Knowing Nick and how much he likes his drink (and the fact he said he'd had a few), I was initially skeptical, but it turns out they were both in town for (a different!) conference. I was disappointed that NIck hadn't charged up and done the old "arm's length photo" op, like he'd done with Steve Ballmer.

No comments: