Sunday, September 20, 2009

Useful Active Directory Delegation Links

Delegating rights in an AD forest so that everyone gets just the rights they need – and no more – is one of the most important acts an AD administrator can take to ensure the security of that forest. In writing up an AD disaster recovery presentation, I came across several links that summarize the basic delegation recommendations, and updated features in later AD releases that make delegation a little easier. Though not exhaustive, I thought I’d simply collect these in one place.

1 comment:

Barry Stevenson said...

Hi Sean.

I'm actually writing to you in regards to your Superdrome blog from last year. I'm Barry Stevenson and I oversee the Devo Class program. I may have been your instructor also.

I stumbled onto your class discription yesterday while doing a Google Search for "Superdrome". I love it, the humor and accurate depiction of what happens in the class from a students perspective.

I'd like to use it and send to new students prior to them taking the class. I might also ask that it be posted in the Devo Class section of the website.

If that is OK with you of course.

Have to you been back for Open Riding? I hope so.

also, I see that you list Olympic Archery as an interest. One of my close friends from High School is Jay Barrs who won the Gold Medal in '86 (I think that was the year). You may know him or know of him.

My e-mail is barryastevenson@yahoo.com.

I hope to see you at the track again soon.

Barry