Monday, March 02, 2009

MVP Summit 2009!

I’m finally at the 2009 MVP Summit on Microsoft campus and downtown Seattle! Other committments kept me from arriving until today, but I hope to dive into the details as soon as possible. By popular demand, the first two days of the summit are spent cloistered with the product teams of your MVP role. For me it’s always been the directory services team; since employees tend to move on to other areas when a product’s been release, it’s been interesting to watch people come and go from the team. And of course, over the past 10 years I’ve been working closely with Microsoft I’ve grown to know a lot of people that are now in a lot of different areas.

We’ll be focusing on deep technical detail and feedback on the new features in Windows Server 2008 R2, and beyond.

Long days, long nights. I’ve loosely organized an outing tonight to a couple of Seattle’s more interesting bars, and it looks like we’ll get good attendance. This is the time when people start making cracks about how the AD world would suffer if we all got hit by a bus :).

No comments: